Monday, October 28, 2013

Pet Cafe - Gangnam - Seoul

Something different you can do in Seoul is try out a pet cafe. From my research there are some good and bad pet cafe's in Seoul, but Ellie House near Yeoksam Station is one of the better ones on the south side of the river. If you are on the north side of the river Bau House near Hapjeong station is supposed to be good also


Unlike a typical Korean cafe, it isn't jam packed full of seats and tables. There is a large open area in the middle for dogs to be dogs. It wasn't too busy when we arrived, but there were a couple of other people there relaxing with their dogs. 


We quickly made some new friends. 


These two were super jealous of each other. 



Initially these two were uninterested in our arrival.


But soon warmed up to us and said hello. 


Is it just me, or does this dog have abnormally long legs?


The menu at the cafe isn't huge but, as you would expect at a pet cafe, you can buy dog food. Prices are a little rich, but Gangnam is quite an upmarket area and they have forfeited a lot of their floor space to their 4 legged customers. 




They have a range of beverages including electrolyte replacement especially for dogs (the blue bottles on the bottom shelf). Just want a can of coke? That will be $7 thank you.


They also stock a huge variety of dog accessories. 


Collars


outfits of all shapes and sizes. 


and even aviation goggles. 


They also will give your mutt a makeover. 


Then take a photo


Which they then hang in the window. 


Overall, Ellie House pet cafe was a nice place to visit. It was interesting and certainly different to anything in Australia, but it is not a place I would make a habit of going to. I'm not a cafe person at the best of times, but the expensive beverages killed it for me. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi I found your site by mistake when i was searching yahoo for this acne issue, I must say your site is really helpful I also love the design, its amazing!. I don’t have the time at the moment to fully read your site but I have bookmarked it and also add your RSS feeds. I will be back in a day or two. thanks for a great site.
    강남퍼블릭

    ReplyDelete