Thursday, January 31, 2013

My EPIK Adventure Part 6

Visa




Well, today my passport was returned with my E2 working visa attached. There is one thing I am confused about though. My application included $150 which is the fee for a multiple entry visa but to my surprise the envelope my passport arrived in also contained $30 (the difference between a single entry and multiple entry visa) and my visa is marked as a single entry visa. I have emailed the Korean embassy to try and find out why, but I won’t have time to get it resolved before I go. It looks like I won’t be able to do any travel outside Korea in the first year.

The Korean Embassy also returned the following documents which I included with my application.
  1. Original Employment contract
  2. Photocopy of Authenticated copy of University Diploma/Degree
  3. Academic transcript (no longer officially sealed)
  4. Original Notice of Appointment (NOA)
EDIT: The Korean Embassy replied to my query about a multiple entry visa. It turns out it is immigration policy to only grant single entry visas to E2 visa applicants.

No comments:

Post a Comment