I will do another blog about the subway system later on but I thought I would list some of the awesome things about it.
- It is cheap. It costs between 1100won and 1300won (~AU$1) depending on travel distance and how you pay.
- It is clean.
- The trains are on time.
- Off peak trains arrive every 10 minutes, peak hour trains arrive every 5 minutes (the timetable below is for Galma station).
- It has English and Korean instructions (written in the station and audio in the train itself).
- You can use your bank card to touch on and touch off (similar to a go card).
- On the train, there is a clear map of what station you just passed and what the next station is. The station you passed/arrived at is illuminated in green and the next/future stations are illuminated in orange.
- Instead of an annoying beep when you touch on or touch off, the machine plays bird sounds (be warned, if you do the wrong thing like I did loud beep will sound an an angry Korean voice will yell at you)